My 2000's Playlist: Ja Rule & Ashanti
Smart Financial Centre - Sugar Land, TX
Mase, the American rapper, songwriter, and pastor, was born as Mason Durell Betha in Jacksonville, Florida, in 1977. He started his music career in the mid-1990s and became one of the most prominent and influential rappers of his time. Mase's music often blended elements of R&B, soul, and gospel with his signature smooth flow and lyrical storytelling.
Mase's first foray into the music industry was as a member of the Harlem-based rap group Children of the Corn, which also featured fellow Harlem rapper Cam'ron. In the mid-1990s, Mase caught the attention of Sean Combs, who signed him to his record label, Bad Boy Records. Mase's debut album, "Harlem World," was released in 1997 and was an instant commercial success, reaching number one on the Billboard 200 chart and selling over four million copies in the United States alone.
Mase's second album, "Double Up," was released in 1999 and also performed well, reaching number five on the Billboard 200 chart. However, after the release of the album, Mase abruptly retired from music and became a minister. He returned to music briefly in 2004 before retiring again to focus on his ministry.
Despite his relatively short music career, Mase's impact on the rap and hip-hop scene was significant. His smooth flow, clever wordplay, and introspective lyrics helped to pave the way for a new generation of rappers who prioritized honesty and vulnerability in their music.
Today, Mase remains a beloved figure in the rap and hip-hop community, with many fans still clamoring to see him perform live. Fortunately, there are plenty of opportunities to catch Mase in concert, with a variety of events and tickets available for fans to choose from.
One popular option for Mase fans is to attend one of the many music festivals that he performs at throughout the year. These festivals often feature a wide range of musical acts, bringing together fans from all walks of life to enjoy the best in rap and hip-hop music. With multiple stages and a diverse lineup, music festivals are a great way to experience Mase's music in a lively and exciting atmosphere.
In addition to music festivals, Mase also performs at a variety of other live events, including concerts and club shows. These events offer a more intimate and personal experience, allowing fans to get up close and personal with Mase and his music. Whether you prefer the energy of a large festival or the intimacy of a small club show, there are plenty of live events featuring Mase's music to choose from.
Of course, finding the right tickets for a Mase concert or event can be a daunting task, particularly for those who are not familiar with the ins and outs of the music industry. Fortunately, there are a number of resources available to help fans find the best tickets at the best prices. From online ticket marketplaces like StubHub and SeatGeek to fan clubs and social media groups, there are plenty of ways to stay up to date on upcoming Mase concerts and events.
In conclusion, Mase is a legendary figure in the rap and hip-hop scene, known for his smooth flow, powerful lyrics, and influential style. Whether you are a die-hard fan or simply looking to experience the best in rap and hip-hop music, there are plenty of opportunities to catch Mase in concert and enjoy his music live. With a variety of events and tickets to choose from, there has never been a better time to experience the magic of Mase's music for yourself.
More About Mase
Over the years, Mase has performed many live shows, both big and small. He has become known for his high-energy performances and his ability to get the crowd hyped up. Some of his most popular live songs include:
1. "Feels So Good": "Feels So Good" was released in 1997 and quickly became a hit. The song features a catchy beat and upbeat lyrics. When performed live, "Feels So Good" is a crowd favorite. Fans love to sing and dance along, and the energy in the room is electric.
2. "Mo Money Mo Problems": "Mo Money Mo Problems" was released in 1997 and features Mase, The Notorious B.I.G., and Puff Daddy. The song is an anthem for those who are living the high life and showcases Mase's smooth flow. When performed live, "Mo Money Mo Problems" is a showstopper. The crowd goes wild when the beat drops, and Mase's lyrics get everyone pumped up.
3. "Welcome Back": "Welcome Back" was released in 2004 and marked Mase's return to the music industry after a five-year hiatus. The song is a tribute to his fans and showcases Mase's gratitude for their support. When performed live, "Welcome Back" is a sentimental favorite. Fans love to show Mase how much they appreciate him, and the energy in the room is emotional and uplifting.
4. "What You Want": "What You Want" was released in 1998 and features Mase and R&B singer Total. The song is a catchy tune that showcases Mase's ability to blend hip-hop and R&B. When performed live, "What You Want" is a fun and energetic song that gets the crowd moving.
5. "24 Hrs. to Live": "24 Hrs. to Live" was released in 1997 and features Mase, The LOX, and Black Rob. The song is a powerful statement about living life to the fullest and making every moment count. When performed live, "24 Hrs. to Live" is a powerful and emotional song that reminds fans to live each day to the fullest.
If you're a fan of Mase, then you don't want to miss his live performances. His shows are full of energy and excitement, and his most popular songs will have you singing and dancing along. To get tickets to Mase's next live show, be sure to check out ticketing websites like Ticketmaster or StubHub. You can also check with your local concert venues to see if they have tickets available. Don't wait too long, though – Mase's shows are known to sell out quickly!